The Central Fire Station in Houston was located at the corner of Texas Avenue and San Jacinto Street. An unidentified fireman in uniform stands at the front of a motorized hook and ladder truck. Two unidentified men are standing out on a balcony of the fire station. Horses were retired as pulling power by 1924.
George Fuermann "Texas and Houston" Collection, 1836-2001 archon.lib.uh.edu/index.php?p=collections/controlcard&...
This image is in the public domain and may be used freely. If publishing in print, electronically, or on a website, please use the citation: "Courtesy of Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries. UH Digital Library. "